I know, four months from start to finish for a quilt isn't that long, but for this instant gratification crafting gal, it seems like ages ago that I started this one. Here it is! My first real quilt, made just in time for babe. I'm fairly happy with the end result--mostly with the fabrics that I adore (lots of Munki Munki), and the embroidery (patterns from Sublime Stitching).
I backed it with the Munki Munki flannel, so it's super soft, and I used a cotton batting. Thanks to Amy's wonderful advice, I used the stitch in the ditch method of quilting it together, which worked well with this design, I think. All of that seemed to get pulled off without much of a hitch.
The binding is my biggest dissapointment with this quilt. My Denise Schmidt Quilts book arrived a few days ago, and perfectly timed (I thought), I followed her (quite thorough) tips for binding. I should have known to avoid any "directions"--I always do so much better when I just wing it! Damn! Somehow when I sandwiched it all together, the backing got a little wonky at one end, leaving too big of a gap where the binding needed to go, so I needed to do some creative stitching. It definitely shows, but I'm trying to just be okay with it, since there's little I can do to repair it at this point. And, it is my first attempt, after all.
Now I just need the babe to wrap in it! ;)