I love the "100 Things" lists that I see on some blogs, but I'm way too intimidated--and introverted (believe it or not)--to come up with, and share 100. So, how about 29 Things on my 29th Birthday? Here goes.
1. I failed Home Ec one semester in Middle School
2. I wish I was more outdoorsy than I really am
3. I wanted to be a librarian when I was little
4. I'm left handed, but I write with my right hand because my kindergarten teacher made me sit on my left one
5. I love butter. gobs and gobs of butter on everything
6. I've only ever lived in Maine
7. I was a vegetarian for 10 years until one drunken night when I succumbed to bacon, and haven't turned back since
8. I want to learn to spin wool
9. I moved in with my husband two weeks after we started dating
10. We were pregnant 6 weeks later. and totally thrilled. and crazy too.
11. I'm reluctantly learning to be a baseball fan, and I kind of like it
12. I was "Amy" until I went to college
13. We have two dogs, even though I'm really a cat person
14. I was a Women's Studies major in college
15. I have an obsession with all things striped
16. I like baking, but not cooking (chopping is a bore)
17. I swear a lot. too much.
18. I have a crush on Cate Blanchett. she makes me blush.
19. I like to kiss my babies' toes when they're sleeping
20. Thoroughly Modern Millie is my favorite movie
21. I don't like to sweat
22. My first concert was Cyndi Lauper when I was 9, who I dressed as for Halloween three years in a row
23. I'm terrified of frogs
24. I believe that a HOT bathtub soak with a bowl of ice cream will solve any problem. add some Maker's Mark Whiskey on the rocks and life is really, really good.
25. I used to wear a shaved head, and would now if my husband weren't bald too (oh, I love his shiny round head!)
26. I really want a Vespa
27. I want lots more tattoos
28. I *will* learn to play violin this winter
29. I'd love to share this birthday with a new little one
Update: Okay, so for my birthday present (hee hee), I want you all to add "One Thing" about YOU in the comments section. (Yeah! Fun!)