It's Friday night, and we've made it through another week relatively unscathed. Adelaide will be one month old on Tuesday. It's been one wild and crazy month of adjusting to life with three children. There's no other way to describe it besides "completely insane". I've quickly figured out that I have two options in any given moment of parenting now: I can completely melt and fall apart (tempting), or I can laugh at the craziness of it all and just roll with it. If it weren't for the influence of my amazing partner--I'd probably choose the former. BUT...if there's anything that's rubbed off in our time together it would be his wonderful attempts to find the beauty, and humor in all of it. So in that vein, here's what amused me this week:
- Going to the grocery store for the first time with THREE children. One adult.
- What my children wore to above mentioned grocery shopping trip (a knight and a farmer, by the way). (Oh, and yes, Mom, I put shoes on them first. No socks. But shoes.):
- (This falls under the category of: WHAT WERE WE THINKING?!) Taking a ferry to Peaks Island with a 4 year old; a SICK two year old; and a THREE WEEK old baby on a COLD, foggy night, to a "nice" RESTAURANT for dinner, putting us out HOURS past their bedtimes. Take a peek at the only 3 pictures to come out of the evening. Pretty telling, I'd say.
- A photo shoot (or rather, several photo shoots) for Adelaide's birth announcement, which resulted in about 200 pictures like this (Jeremi--help me!):
- Playing "pirate" for the bazillionth time:
- And many, many moments like this, which fill my heart beyond words:
I must go rest and read and knit and play now for the weekend. I'll be back on Monday!