(Did I fool anyone with those those asterisks to believe that I don't have a sailor mouth?)
Would you believe that with the number of bags that I make and have around the house (ridiculous, I tell ya...you should see what it's like when I'm trying to find something that I "must have left in a bag"), that I don't have a bag the right size for carrying all the stuff I need to schlep around three kids for a simple errand? Well wait,that's not true...I do have this one:
I could take the pain of looking at that bag no longer, so I cut right into my new stash of Munki Munki goods and whipped this one up one evening last week. Let me assure you, it's HUGE! And I love it.
I have a love/hate relationship (currently leaning towards the hate) with interfacing of all kinds, so I thought I'd try something new. I used two layers of cotton quilt batting on the outer fabric, and "quilted" it--you can see some of the detail in the picture above. I used the batting in the straps too. I do like how soft and thick it is, but without being stiff. But I'm not sure how sturdy it will be after time. (Please, anyone with experience, do tell if this was a bad idea!)
And the inside. You can see, I couldn't just stop at two different prints, but needed to cut into three. I used elastic at the top of the pockets so they'll actually stay closed. Oh, and instead of the magnetic snaps I usually use on bags (that pop open constantly when you stuff a bag as much as I do), I sewed in some ribbon to tie it closed. We'll see if and how that holds up as well.