This list has no cohesive theme, I assure you. And if you think it's any indication of the all-over-the-place state of my mind at the moment, well, yes...yes it is.
1. This lovely vintage ribbon arrived in the mail yesterday. I love it. Looove it. I bought it just a few days ago from LesBonRibbon. Super great prices, and the shipping was soo fast. Because you know, I really need more ribbon.
2. I'm in a time crunch. A very dear friend is coming here in just one week! One week! Yay! She'll be here for a week, and then we leave on a mini-vacation in Cape Cod. And so...there's soooo much to be done in the next week. Like plant the entire garden; clean my house; and most importantly: unbury the guest futon from a serious pile of fabric. This of course, also entails a day-long trip to IKEA to organize said fabric. Oy. Tick, Tick.
3. Wung it. Now, did I really make that up? I suppose I did. Geez. Having lived in Maine my entire life I know there are lots of bizarre phrases I use that no one else understands (except the natives of course): sideboard, cellar, apiece, wicked. I assure you that I do not have a Maine accent, or atleast not one like you hear in the movies (which is never right, by the way.). But I suppose even "wung it" I can't blame on Maine. ;)
4. Cool Coincidences. So, browsing around Etsy (which I spend way too much time doing. Have I mentioned my love for the color sampler? I'm sure I have.), I found the wonderful work of Ashley G, and had to order a print. The detail and color and creatures of her work are just so lovely, and intriguing, and I can't wait to get it up on my wall. And then I see that on the same day, Lisa received her own Ashley prints. Chances are that Lisa is the one that might have introduced me to her work, and I just forgot that. But I'd rather think it was a friendly coincidence. (note to self: don't forget frames at IKEA.)
5. Skirts. Remember that skirt tutorial I promised y'all? Um yeah, I haven't done that yet. Sorry. That also means, sadly, that I haven't made any new skirts. BUT...I have found an answer for you! Head on over to Disdressed, where she's been making an AMAZING and quite detailed tutorial on skirts. So thorough and great. (And now I feel lifted of my guilt.)
6. Do I owe you an email? Because if you've emailed me and think you should have heard from me by now, try again. Having some funky computer issues (oh no!), as well as some funky brain issues (oh no!). Thank you. ;)
7. There's a small chance that after 6 months of living and breathing and dreaming it, we may just be moving on from the Wizard of Oz. That's all I'm going to say about that, for fear of jinxing us. More to come.
8. My dear sweet round, squeezable, bald baby girl just got FOUR teeth in TWO days (bringing the total to six for those of you counting...MOM.). Don't you think that would really really hurt?
9. How is it possible that I ran out of things to say? Must go get more coffee.
10. The end.