Ah, the weekend is here. And a long one at that. I must say that while I love the relaxed, mellow feel a summer weekend, I also rather enjoy the busy feeling with fall weekends. There's so much to do to get ready for a long winter ahead - outings to be squeezed in before it's too cold for them; outside projects to be wrapped up before the weather turns; harvesting to enjoy; and the gathering and making of the things we need for the winter ahead. This weekend promises to be full of such things around here. On our list for the days ahead:
- visiting a new flea market with a friend (I can hardly wait for this)
- the start of a big family carpentry project (yes, the first aid kit is stocked)
- apple picking, and then apple baking
- a visit to the thriving farmers market with some soup to follow
- halloween costumes for three (matching, naturally)
- lots of sewing of warm weather clothes for all the babes
- knitting progress on those wool socks we'll need very soon
- a romp about and a foliage peek at a favorite spot in the woods
- a date with Steve to celebrating a dear friends' 30th birthday at a 70's rock themed keg party. Um, Oh my.
Of course, that's a list for a seven day weekend, which we don't have. So some things will happen, and most we'll let go of. Such is the nature of it all.
"Isn't the sun sooo warm, Mama?" I love the way this time of year - with the warmer days dwindling - reminds us just how precious each warm, sun-filled day is. We spend as much of the days outside as we can, soaking it up, and knowing that soon it will be so very different. Winter will be good in it's own way, but nonethless quite different.
A very happy weekend to you! May you soak up every bit of whatever season you are enjoying.