It's kind of amazing how something so seemingly simple as an apron could consume so much of my thinking space and energy this week. But alas, they have and now here they are. I'm so happy with how they turned out - and amazingly, they're just as I had envisioned. Hooray for that.
They're the same basic shape as the aprons I've made in the past, but with a few changes. I swapped out the lightweight canvas for a 100% linen -it adds a bit of cost, but the softness is so worth it to me. The neckstraps are ties, rather than a strap, so they're fully adjustable for many sizes (the same smock fits both Adelaide and Calvin). The mama smocks have some pleating at the top for a wee bit of shaping. And a patchwork pieced pocket on the front (with a big nod of inspiration to dear Sally). And since the return of the birds is a very anticipated even around here these days, it was only natural that the birds found their way onto this project, in the form of an appliqued and embroidered patch.
These are up in the shop now. Four child sized smocks and two mama sized smocks. In addition to another linen smock set, and a few totes. I think I'm slipping into an every other week shop update, so the next one will be Tuesday, March 20th. And yes, I think I will make one more round of these aprons for that day. Thank you for being so interested!