Ten things I'm loving right now...
1. New jewelry, in the form of this bangle bracelet from Give Simple. It was a prize for being a runner-up (for the photo "sun spinning") in the MamaZine Mama Focus Photo Contest. Serious props go to Steve, for snapping the photo (but, um, I'll keep the bracelet prize, thanks!). There are so many beautiful photographs of Mamahood in the MamaZine Flickr pool - you must visit them, and bring a tissue, 'cause I usually find an image (or two) that makes me cry (in the best of ways).
2. The promise of so very many things right on the verge of harvest time in the garden! Our raspberries are so, so close - the kids are checking them many times a day. Raspberry jam, raspberry tarts....oh, yum. And then the blueberries. And oh, those tomatoes!
3. The small collection of treasures from my mom's childhood I just inherited. This red pleated dress which Adelaide loves to spin in, and these dolls, which - if I look at them the wrong way - kinda creep me out. But my children love them. So there you have it.
4. The Little Travelers. You might know I'm a little picky on the kid videos, but we just received the Japan episode of The Little Travelers, and we're all in love. I can't say enough wonderful things about this production - it moves along at a beautiful kid-pace, and is completely child and family centered - full of cultural appreciation and loveliness. The producer (director, videographer and Mama, too!) has a blog - check out her description of a globally minded child. Just right.
5. The never-ending supply of fresh cut flowers from the yard at the moment, and the excitement the kids have in telling me that something new is about to bloom. It makes me so happy to bring some in.
6. Heather's month of balance. I'm loving the daily balance she's documenting in photographs - it's so real and beautiful.
7. The baby's bowl! Each of my babes has one of these vintage baby food warmers/dishes, and last week I stumbled upon this one for the new little one. So sweet.
8. Erin's brilliant packing list. I am so totally doing this in a few days as we get ready for a camping trip, and the thought of packing everyone and everything by myself gets overwhelming.
9. Spending time in my studio this week, getting ready for a shop update with Gratitude Wraps (full of supplies!), and Embroidered Hoops. (Next Tuesday - July 22nd.)
10. The craziness knowing that this is my 1,000th post. One thousandth. Um, wow.
And you? What are you loving right now?