Ten things I'm loving right now...
1. Yesterday. Thanks for all your sweet birthday wishes - you're so nice! The day wrapped up with a bit of time at the beach. A little bit chillier than a month ago (ha! okay...a lot!)...but I'll take it. Good friends, my family and the ocean. I'm happy.
2. The new Conor Oberst album. So. Good. The kids agree too, though I'm not sure how I feel about that fact when they begin belting out together anywhere and everywhere, "I don't wanna die in the hospital, you gotta take me back outside!" Ahem.
3. The thrill of deadline knitting. Two days until the next family birthday and I've got grand plans of this bit of yarn becoming a wearable gift by then. (The pattern is from the fabulous new Mason Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines book - due out next week. More about the book and the project, well, when it's done.)
4. The game the kids play each night as they dissect the meal by ingredient, explaining what came from our garden, what came from the farm, the farmers market, and on and on. An amazing and fun nightly lesson in where our food comes from. (Zucchini Fritatta with Blossoms from Epicurious. Yum.)
5. This sweet pile of Aunty Cookie fabric. I love it, keep staring at it, and thinking about what it should become. I'm thinking the start of a small lap quilt...yes, yes.
6. This Wendell Berry interview in a recent issue of The Sun. So much wisdom.
7. This kid's style. It always makes me smile.
8. The palpable family excitement as we begin a new season of learning. This week everyone happens to start a new class or lesson out and about in our community. The anticipation of the adventures to come is in the air!
9. This simple and perfect little note I found on the windowsill this weekend. I'm not sure if it's a request, or an explanation. But certainly a simple, sweet statement of truth.
10. This Lisa Leonard bird necklace that I am love, love, loving. It makes me incredibly happy to wear it. And guess what? You can too! Lisa is kindly offering 20% off this necklace to SouleMama readers. Just enter "soulemama" at checkout to get your very own. Yay! Birthday presents for everyone!
And you? What are you loving right now?