The (older) boys took to the woods this weekend, leaving Adelaide, Harper and I all alone. (I say as if I really wanted to sleep on the ground in May in Maine with an infant. And the black flies. Ahem. Really it's all about the black flies - I'll join them in a month. The infant is just my excuse. Shhhh.)
After the flurry of getting everyone out the door, I looked to Adelaide in the quiet of the house and said, "Well. It's you and me! What should we do?"
And true to her style - this fellow Virgo daughter of mine - she took a deep breath, put her hands on her hips and with a long drawn out "Weeeell...." began to rattle off her list. It went just like this, in her words:
1. Move furniture! (Is there any doubt she is my child?)
2. Paint our fingers and toes. (We like the ingredients in this stuff.)
3. Eat cookies. (Recipe courtesy of Maria.)
4. Find dead bugs for my collection! (We found a living toad. She was happy with that.)
5. Make something for Banjo-Kitty. (A new cushion for him to sleep on in her room.)
6. Play with Harpie-Pie. (He obliged by being her first mate.)
And there you have it. It was a fabulous list. And a great weekend.
I hope yours was too!