Sometimes...I think a project has to hibernate for a while before it can see the light of day as a finished whatever-it-may-be. In this case, apparently a three year long hibernation was needed. Yes, three years.
The tricky thing about these is that I didn't actually start them - or even knit most of them. I did choose the yarn, the sizes, the pattern and then handed them to my grandmother - the very one who taught me how to knit - who intended to make them as gifts for the boys.
Towards the end of the knitting - the very end - she got a little stuck. I think she was worried about the neck being too tight. Or the pattern was feeling funky to her. Neither of us can remember anymore precisely the reason for the handover.
But my goodness, if my own unfinished projects sometimes can vex me....the thought of another person's do even more so. So, sadly, they sat. Sitting, waiting and nagging at me once in a while until finally...finally...last week I pulled them out and puzzled out what was going on and where.
It wasn't as bad as I thought, figuring all of that out. Nana's
knitting is impeccable, as I always remember it to have been - making
my own look anything near as neat as hers was the only tricky part.
They were worth a little bit of a wait.