It's been a very long time since I've done a proper 'ten things' around here. Today feels like just the kind of day to do so. A pause, a shift, an exhale. It always comes along with a list of joy.
And so, these ten things are bringing me great joy right now....
1. Sandor Katz's new book, The Art of Fermentation. I loved Wild Fermentation, but goodness this new (hefty!) one is sure to become a standby resource.
2. The fiber lovin' happening by all of my people right now - spin, felt, cast on, knit. Repeat.
3. The garlic scape swag on each of my doors, from a few scapes left behind uneaten.
4. Watching Stephanie, her cycling team, and the knitters behind them all as they brave new adventure, break fundraising records and show the world the kindness of a bunch of knitters. (Read this post if you haven't yet. Be prepared to cry happy tears.)
5. The farm pond in progress in my pasture, and the crowd of old men from the 'hood that it draws everytime another piece of equipment shows up.
6. Tracy Clark's new book Elevate the Everyday: A Photographic Guide to Picturing Motherhood. Full of the work of talented Mamas, good technique and lots of advice, it's an inspirational treat.
7. Spying the little bits of love on the walls all over my house in the form of Shanna Murray's illustrated decals. Love, love, love.
8. This morning's discovery of my knitting row counter - missing for months - found in the tall grass of the 'outfield' where it was being used to keep track of balls and strikes. (Which is legite. I guess I'll get myself a new one.)
9. Sleepovers with special friends. Six and seven year old farm girls and their amazing imaginations.
10. The constant stream of flowers coming in the house, all over the house, everywhere in this deep, deep summer.
** ** **
And you?? What are ten things bringing you joy right in this moment? Write it down, say it out loud, photograph it, or share it with those you love...